About usDanish-Chinese Business Forum is your trusted partner when it comes to understanding business between Denmark and China. We are a unique network of top executives from the most successful private and public companies and organisations, as well as a facilitator that will help your business obtain the specialised knowledge and the connections it needs to succeed in any industry.
Our members often face similar challenges when navigating the Danish-Chinese business space. In our expert working groups, top executives from our member organisations work together on sector-specific problems to reach concrete results. Expert groups are project-based, time-limited, confidential, and by invitation only. Ongoing expert groups include:
- Bilateral advance pricing arrangement (BAPA) tax
- New alternative go-2-market models
- New priorities in sourcing (sourcing from China and selling to China)
- Intellectual property and trademarks
- Customs/VAT issues
- HR in a Chinese context
- Joint ventures with Chinese companies
- Making the most of government relations
Our member network is strong because we learn from each other. DCBF offers concrete how-to courses, leveraging our members’ expertise to train specific skills and processes in intensive one- or two-day courses. Recent and planned courses include:
- B2C e-commerce in China: “Home and Living” segment
- B2C e-commerce in China: “Food” segment
- Succeeding with innovation and intrapreneurship in China
- Corporate Social Relations – linking the UN development goals to your business in China
- B2B e-commerce in China: Platform solutions and experiences
In addition to our events calendar, DCBF understands that the Denmark-China trade requires thinking in longer strategic terms. Therefore, we are spearheading the development of initiatives that will contribute to Danish-Chinese growth in the future.
- Driving results in China through government relations
- Innovation: Penetrating China’s Silicon Valley
- Developing an invoice factoring solution for working with Chinese SOEs
- Digitalising the entire food value chain
- Developing a Danish offshore wind farm in China
- Removing barriers for system export
- Facilitating access to the Danish market for Chinese companies
If you have any inputs, wish to start a new working group or join an existing, then contact us here
Hans Henrik Pontoppidan, Secretary General
Hans Henrik Pontoppidan (1960) has more than 20 years of experience in Corporate Banking (of which close to 10 years abroad), working for Hambros Bank Plc London, Bank of America, Nordea and Svenska Handelsbanken. Mr. Pontoppidan opened Privatbanken A/S (now part of Nordea) in Beijing, China and was responsible for the China operation from February 1989 to June 1993 after which he moved to London where he stayed for another 5 years.
The last 15 years before joining Danish-Chinese Business Forum (DCBF) he was a Partner at Deloitte Corporate Finance, and was among others responsible for the sale of all electricity out of Copenhagen Energy (now HOFOR) and the majority of the shares in Energi E2; basically providing Copenhagen Municipalities their part of the funding for the initial Metro project. Subsequently Mr. Pontoppidan sold 50% of the Danish gas storage and distribution system.
Since July 2016 he became the Secretary General at DCBF of which he was Board Member four years prior to his employment at DCBF. Mr. Pontoppidan passed the Executive Board Education at CBS in August 2016 (with distinction). Mr. Pontoppidan is now a Board Member at DEIF A/S (Dansk Elektronik Instrument Fabrik) owned by Mr. Toke Foss. He also holds a MBA from City University London and has a Bachelor of Commerce in Foreign Trade.